Grilling watermelon takes the flavor to a completely different level. We all love the sweet, juicy bite of watermelon on a summer day, am-I-right!?!? I am pretty sure you will be oh-so-pleasantly surprised and happy with this Grilled Watermelon.
How to Grill Watermelon:
Cut the watermelon in thick triangle wedges. Brush each side lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt (I used Jacobsen) and pepper. Grill over high heat until grill marks have formed and the watermelon is slightly softened, roughly 5 minutes. Remove from grill and sprinkle with desired toppings.
Arugula Salad with a Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
I served along side an arugula and herb salad with a lemon vinaigrette dressing and it was the perfect pairing. In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, spinach, basil, or whatever fresh herbs and greens you have on hand. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup olive oil and juice of a lemon; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss the dressing with the greens and top with goat cheese or feta. For full recipe CLICK HERE!!!
- Eight 2-inch-thick watermelon wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt, I used Jacobsen
- Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat. Brush both sides of the watermelon wedges with the olive oil and juice of ½ lemon.
- Season each watermelon wedge with pepper.
- Grill each watermelon wedge until char marks appear, flipping once, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and season with the sea salt and more lemon juice.