Look no further when you’re searching for an elegant appetizer that’s easy to put together. This Pesto Crostini topped with Parmesan and Cherry Tomato looks great on a Christmas platter and will disappear quickly!
This recipe is so quick and easy and tastes delicious. The green from the Pesto and Red from the Tomato make this the perfect festive appetizer. Best part is it only requires a few ingredients and it couldn’t be easier to make. Serve as an appetizer or snack.
Quick and Easy to Make:
Pre-heat oven to 400 degree F. Start by slicing a baguette in roughly 1 inch thick pieces and place on baking sheet. Top each slice of bread with pesto and then sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake roughly 8 minutes or until bread is crisp and cheese is melted. Top each slice of bread with 1 cherry tomato half, arrange on a platter and serve.
You can use any bread you desire, I also like using french bread. Mozzarella works great in this recipe too. If you want a crisper slice of bread, drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 5 minutes prior to topping the pesto and cheese.
I recommend grating your own cheese whenever possible. It’s cheaper to buy a block of cheese at the grocery store because when you purchase grated cheese your paying for the convenience. Many food processors have a grating device attachment that can make the job go much faster. Also, it tastes better, doesn’t have additives, and will last longer.
- 1 baguette or french bread, cut into 1 inch thick pieces (roughly 20 slices)
- ½ cup pesto
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup parmesan, shredded
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place bread slices on un-greased baking sheet.
- Top each slice of bread with a scoop of pesto and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake roughly 8 minutes or until bread is crisp and cheese is melted. Top each slice of bread with 1 cherry tomato half. Serve Immediately.
More Holiday Appetizers: