A lighter version of this go-to Super Bowl Sunday Dip, this “Skinny” Buffalo Chicken Dip tastes exactly like the regular version. It’s so addicting so why not lighten it up a bit and eat more!! What if nobody could taste the difference, would you make this lightened up dip!?
The best part about football is the food! I mean, come on, I don’t look forward to actually watching the game… I want to eat!! Oh, and watch the half time show.
I don’t eat Buffalo flavors often, but when it’s Super Bowl Sunday I can’t resist. Every year I find myself hanging out around the Buffalo Chicken Dip so this year I created a “lighter” version so that I can eat twice the amount! The best part is you can’t taste the difference.
I know Super Bowl is a day full of wings, dips, and beer and I am all about that… but I thought what if I create a lighter version that still tastes the same. If nobody can tell the difference then why not. I swapped for Greek yogurt, reduced-fat cream cheese, and part skim mozzarella. My sister was a taste tester and neither of us could taste the difference. Score!
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- It’s cheesy and delicious!! This dip is easy and comes together just like that! You can add crumbled light blue cheese if you desire.
- It is lighter than original recipe and you can’t taste the difference: There are many variations of this recipe, but I found Greek yogurt, reduced-fat cream cheese, and mozzarella cheese are great in this recipe.
- There is heat: I used a 1/2 cup of Frank’s Hot Sauce, but you can use any hot sauce and use less or more depending on how much heat you desire.
- It is the ultimate Super Bowl Dip: Everyone’s favorite dip, definitely a crowd pleaser 🙂
I think this dip is delicious with tortilla chips and celery, but crackers, Hawaiian rolls, and pretzels also taste delicious with this dip.
Make this Recipe Even Easier:
- Use Rotisserie Chicken or Canned Chicken: If you don’t have the time to shred your own chicken, buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, or use canned chunk chicken (drained).
- Make in Slow Cooker: In a bowl, mix together all ingredients together except 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese then transfer into slow cooker. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Place lid on the slow cooker and turn on to the low or warm setting for up to 4 hours. Transfer to a serving dish or serve straight from the slow cooker!
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (roughly 3 cups)
- ½ cup hot sauce (plus more if you prefer more heat)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese (1/2 block)
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- scallions, for garnish (optional)
- tortilla chips, celery, pretzels, sweet rolls (all great options for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until well combined. Spray a small baking dish with cooking spray and transfer mixture to dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and sides of dip begin to slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- How to cook and shred chicken:
- Place a single, even layer of chicken breasts into the bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover chicken breasts with chicken stock or water. Cook on low for 3 to 5 hours or when chicken is cooked through and shreds easily with a fork. You can finish off the dip in the slow cooker by mixing in all of the ingredients with the cooked, shredded chicken and stir until well combined. Heat on low for until cheese is melted and serve immediately.
- To do this on the stove, combine all ingredients and simmer on low heat for roughly 30 minutes.
What is your favorite Super Bowl Recipe!?
If you make this recipe, take a pic and post on Instagram with the hashtag #thewelldressedkitchen. I would love to see what you’re cooking.
You May Also Like: