Cranberry Salsa is made from fresh cranberries, served over cream cheese and makes the most amazing Holiday Dip. The salsa is tart from the cranberry, balanced out with sweetness from honey yet full of heat from jalapeño. You will serve this every year, guaranteed!
Best Time of Year To Use Fresh Cranberries
This is the best time of year to cook with fresh cranberries. These beautiful little bits of tartness are only in stores for a limited time so stock up now. The bright, Cranberry color is absolutely gorgeous, I had to find a way to use them in a quick and easy Holiday recipe!
This salsa recipe is really quick and easy and there is no cooking involved!
All you do is combine all ingredients in food processor: Cranberries, Diced Green Onion, Diced Jalapeño (without the seeds or leave the seeds in for more heat), Cilantro, Lime Juice, Honey and a pinch of Salt. Pulse until well combined like the picture below. Then scoop out on top of a block of cream cheese and serve with crackers. You can use any crackers you like. I used a variety of crackers of different shapes and sizes.
If you like a lot of heat, keep the seeds in the jalapeño. When I am serving at a party I leave out the seeds because not everyone likes spicy. I allow my salsa to chill in the refrigerator a few hours before serving allowing the flavors to develop. If you don’t have the time you can still serve immediately and it’s so yummy.
- 12 oz fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced (seeds removed)
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juice of
- ¼ cup honey
- pinch of salt
- In a food processer or blender, place cranberries, green onions, jalapeños, cilantro leaves, lime juice, honey and salt and pulse until finely chopped. Taste and add more honey depending how tart your cranberries taste.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in refrigerator for a few hours before serving allowing the flavors to develop.
- Serve cranberry salsa alone or over cream cheese with crackers.