Spaghetti Squash with Zucchini + Basil and Parmesan is a great transition recipe from Summer to Fall. The days are getting shorter, the nights are drawing in, and Autumn is officially upon us. Despite my desire to prolong Summer, it looks, feels and smells like Autumn and I am starting to make a shift from Summer dishes to Fall inspired dishes.
I was inspired to create this recipe when I found these colorful zucchini at the Farmer’s Market this past Tuesday along with Fresh Basil. The basil smelled so amazing and tasted even better. At first, I intended to use Pasta but with all the fresh squash this time of year, I couldn’t help myself and used Spaghetti Squash for this recipe.
This dish is gluten-free, makes a great side or even a vegetarian meal.
Start by roasting the squash. Click here for step-by-step instructions on How to Roast The Perfect Spaghetti Squash.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat, then add the zucchini and red pepper. Allow to cook for a few minutes until veggies start to soften, add the garlic and corn. Continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes and finish with the juice of a lemon. Once the veggies are soft remove from heat and immediately stir in prepared spaghetti squash, basil, and parmesan cheese. Top with more basil and cheese before serving.
Make this Dish a Meal:
This dish would be so good with sautéed shrimp on top or grilled chicken. Click here for my Skillet Lime Shrimp Recipe.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 3 Zucchinis, stems removed and quartered
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 ears corn, shucked and cut off the cob (you can use frozen or canned)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- ¼ cup fresh basil, leaves only and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated (plus more for topping)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Roast spaghetti squash. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then add the zucchini and red pepper. Allow to cook for a few minutes until veggies start to soften.
- Add the garlic and corn.
- Continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Then squeeze the juice of a lemon on top.
- Once the veggies are soft remove from heat, stir in prepared spaghetti squash and immediately combine with basil and parmesan cheese.
- Top with more basil and cheese before serving.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
MORE FALL INSPIRED RECIPES:
Pumpkin Spice Granola + Pecans and Pumpkin Seeds
Spaghetti Squash Bowls + Skillet Shrimp and Roasted Veggies