Arugula Salad with a light Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing makes the perfect side for just about any dish.
Arugula and herb salad with a lemon vinaigrette dressing is the perfect pairing to just about any meal. In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, spinach, basil, or whatever fresh herbs and greens you have on hand. In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup olive oil and juice of a lemon; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss the dressing with the greens and top with goat cheese, feta, or shaved parmesan.
Why I LOVE This Recipe:
- Olive Oil Base – Healthy Fat!!! Not all fats are created equal, there are good fats and there are bad fats. Olive oil, without a question, is a GOOD FAT!! It’s high in monounsaturated fat, or the heart-healthy fat. Studies have also shown it can hep boost brain power!
- Keeping it Simple – There is really no need to stress because I like to keep things simple and then share with all of you. If you are intimidated by making your own Salad Dressing, this recipe is the perfect beginners recipe.
- Presentable For Guests – Only takes minutes to throw together and your guests will be impressed.
- Store in Refrigerator for up to 5 days – Homemade dressing may not last as long, but it is healthier and stays fresh for a reasonable amount of time when stored properly. Store the dressing in a glass jar, cover with a tight lid, and refrigerate your dressing. Glass jars are ideal for storing liquid items. Unlike plastic containers, they are nonporous, so they will not absorb the dressing. It’s canning season and mason jars are everywhere so go pick some up today!
This salad pairs so well with My Grilled Watermelon Recipe. Serve on the side or top the watermelon with the salad mixture.
- 4 cups fresh Arugula
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- Juice of Lemon
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the arugula, spinach, basil, or whatever fresh herbs and greens you have on hand.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil and juice of a lemon; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toss the dressing with the greens and top with goat cheese, feta, or shaved parmesan.