A healthy and hearty, comforting soup – full of white beans, spinach, and tomato – made in less than 30 minutes!!
When it’s winter all I want is to wrap my hands around a warm bowl of soup. This White Bean Soup is full of fiber and will keep you satisfied for hours!! It’s a great recipe for winter. You can even throw everything in the crock-pot and leave it to cook all day.
The past few days have actually been near 50 degrees, but that still didn’t stop me from devouring this entire pot of soup. Loaded with wilted spinach, white beans, and fresh herbs, it’s just the perfect cozy soup for any day of the year. I added some freshly squeezed lemon juice. I know it’s one of those ingredients you can easily leave out, but trust me… it’s adds such a refreshing hit of goodness.
This recipe is meatless, but some chicken or sausage would taste delicious in this soup. Either way you will want to stir up a huge pot to enjoy all week long.
- Serves: 6 servings
- Serving size: 6 servings
- Calories: 183
- Fat: 6.3g
- Carbohydrates: 24.8g
- Sugar: 2.4g
- Sodium: 699mg
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 9.2g
- 3 cans (15.5 oz each) reduced-sodium cannellini beans, divided
- 32 oz low-sodium vegetable broth (roughly 4 cups)
- 1 cup baby spinach, packed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for roughly 2 to 3 minutes or until onions are soft and translucent in color.
- Add diced tomatoes, cannellini beans, dried red pepper flakes, dried thyme, vegetable broth, and bay leaves. Mix until well combined. Add juice of 1 lemon.
- Allow to simmer for roughly 20 minutes or until warm throughout.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
You may also like:
Did you make this recipe!? Tag @thewelldressedkitchen on Instagram and hash tag it #thewelldressedkitchen