This Chocolate Avocado Mousse No Bake Dessert is just as satisfying as it is nourishing. Ripe avocado is blended with cocoa powder and coconut milk, honey, and vanilla. The result is creamy, chocolatey, and a subtly sweet, no-bake dessert that only requires 5 ingredients. I double dare you to not fall in love with this healthy dessert.
This is the perfect good for you dessert when you have a chocolate craving. It’s full of healthy fat from the avocado with the rich flavor of chocolate from the cocoa powder. It’s creamy and sweet and will satisfy your sweet tooth without all the sugar and bad fat that come along with a bowl of ice cream.
Chocolate Avocado Mousse is super simple to make, only requires 5 ingredients and you can be eating it in minutes. Throw avocado, cocoa powder, coconut milk, honey, and vanilla extract in a blender or food processor and you have a chocolatey dessert just like that. I topped mine with crushed cashews but top with fresh fruit or your favorite nuts.
5-ingredient Chocolate Avocado No Bake Dessert packed with the chocolatey flavor we all love. Creamy, naturally sweet, full of nutrients and so perfect for a healthy dessert. I served mine in these cute jars. One, because these jars make for a great presentation (and I am a firm believer that we eat with our eyes first) and two they make for easy storage in the refrigerator and will stay good for 2 to 3 days.
Now that you have a taste of one of my favorite good for you desserts, try it yourself and don’t forget to share you thoughts with me in the comments below or share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thewelldressedkitchen.
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and skin removed
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut milk (I used Silk, you can use almond milk or whatever you like)
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Fruit or nuts for topping, if desired
- Place avocados, cocoa powder, coconut milk, honey, and vanilla extract in blender or food processor.
- Blend ingredients until smooth, scraping sides and bottom as needed. The mixture will be thick, add more milk if needed for desired consistency.
- Serve in dessert cups or bowl with fresh fruit and / or nuts, if desired.