These Sweet Potato Bites are the perfect festive appetizer. I swapped out toasted bread with roasted sweet potato rounds then topped with goat cheese, dried cranberries, toasted pecans, and finished with a drizzle of honey. These little bites are sweet and savory and I can’t wait to serve them over the Holidays!
I can’t believe it’s already December!! I couldn’t be more in the Holiday Spirit. Every year we go to my Mom’s house for Christmas Eve and eat appetizers, drink wine, and play games all night. This year I am getting creative with my apps. Instead of using bread to make a crostini in this recipe, I toasted sweet potatoes, and topped with whipped Goat cheese, dried cranberries, pecans and a drizzle of honey. The drizzle of honey pairs perfect with the bite of goat cheese and nuttiness from the pecans. It’s the perfect finish to this lighter appetizer.
I love the texture of the whipped goat cheese. Allow the goat cheese to sit out while your potatoes are roasting. It will whip easier if at room temperature. I whipped the goat cheese with a little olive oil to give it a smoother texture, you can also use milk… but honestly I didn’t have milk in my refrigerator so I used olive oil and it came out great.
I wanted this appetizer to have holiday flavors so I topped with dried cranberries and pecans and finished with a drizzle of honey to add sweetness.
- 2 sweet potatoes, cleaned and sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 1 tbsp + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Honey, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut cleaned sweet potatoes into roughly ¼ inch rounds.
- Place the sweet potato rounds on parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Coat rounds evenly with olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip sweet potato rounds over and bake for additional 10 to 12 minutes or until tender and starting to crisp on edges.
- In the meantime, while the sweet potatoes bake, use a mixer to whip the goat cheese with remaining 1 tsp of olive oil and a drizzle of honey until smooth and fluffy.
- When sweet potato rounds cool spoon the goat cheese mixture onto each potato round then top with a few chopped pecans and cranberries, drizzle with honey and serve.
More Holiday Appetizers:
Shop Products I used for this Recipe: